Peak demand periods can drive distribution circuits well above normal 70º conductor ratings. Hendrix High Density Polyethylene insulators have a melt temperature of 130ºC, making them suitable for all normal circuit loading conditions and most emergency rating conditions. In some extreme situations where long duration high-current overloads are experienced, conductors have melted into the head or neck of an insulator. Upgrading conductors, transformers and switchgear is not always feasible, so Hendrix developed a High Temperature insulator for these situations.
Hendrix developed a patented polyethylene insulator blend (US7501469, US8324504) for extreme conductor overload conditions. Meet the "HT" High Temperature insulators.
- Withstands higher sustained temperatures from overload events
- Meets all ANSI C29 electrical and mechanical requirements
- Won't chip, crack or break
- Direct replacement for porcelain insulators
- Consult factory for all other inquiries
Download Data Sheet